The Victorian Multicultural Gambler’s Help Program (VMGHP) was established to support and strengthen the capacity of Gambler’s Help (GH) services to provide responsive, accessible and culturally appropriate services to CALD clients and communities.
The Program achieves this by:
- Building partnerships and fostering links between GH and ethno–specific and multicultural service providers
- Coordinating and supporting preventative community development and education for CALD communities
- Providing workforce development initiatives to:
- increase the bilingual capacity and cultural competency of GH services; and
- improve referral pathways between GH services and the ethno-specific/multicultural service sectors